Temperature?

The place to post what you would like to see added to Ascent

Temperature?

Postby georg on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am

Since the relatively new devices from Garmin (Edge 500 & 800) do record the ambient temperature it would be nice to see that displayed in Ascent as well.
I might be in there somewere and I oversee it!? :shock:
Greetings
Georg
georg

Re: Temperature?

Postby axiom95 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:54 pm

You are able to see the temperature in two places. If you go to "edit activity," you can view the average, minimum and maximum values. In the activity detail view, i.e., graph, click the double arrow in the bottom left corner to open the data panel. Here you can select temperature to view it on the graph. I hope this is clear. BTW, are your temp readings anywhere near reality. Personally, I have found temp to be yet another feature that has been added to these units that doesn't really work.
Seven Axiom SG
w/ Campy Record 11
Garmin Edge 500, 305
GSC-10
axiom95

Postby oshloel on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 am

You can also display temperature data in the browser window by right clicking on the headings and selecting temperature as a displayed column.

Rick
Rick
oshloel

Postby axiom95 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:33 pm

oshloel wrote:You can also display temperature data in the browser window by right clicking on the headings and selecting temperature as a displayed column.

Rick - Thanks for the additional info. You can only add avg temp to the data browser window. If you have corrected the temp via "edit activity" and have left the avg temp blank, you will only get a "0" in the column. The temp readings from my Edge 500 are so far off that I always have to manually add the max and min values; not any different from using my Edge 305.
Seven Axiom SG
w/ Campy Record 11
Garmin Edge 500, 305
GSC-10
axiom95

Return to Feature Requests