AscentHD for iPad *please*

The place to post what you would like to see added to Ascent

AscentHD for iPad *please*

Postby georg on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Rob,

it would be awsome if you could make an Ascent Version for the shiny new iPad. I'm willing to pay for that as well as long as I will be able to sync my whole database of Ascent activities to my shiny new iPad and take them wherever I go. :lol:

Please tell us that it is in the works!?
Greetings
Georg
georg

Re: AscentHD for iPad *please*

Postby seshboy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 am

That would be nice...
seshboy

Postby Rennradradler on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:45 am

yes.. but with all the controls from the full version an wifi sync from every activity
Rennradradler

Postby jgtracy on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:11 pm

I would sure find an iPad app useful with sync back to the Mac. My preference for the sync feature would be:
1. wifi
2. via mobileMe
3. USB cable
jgtracy

Postby axiom95 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:18 am

Yes, count me in for wanting Ascent on the iPad.
Seven Axiom SG
w/ Campy Record 11
Garmin Edge 500, 305
GSC-10
axiom95

Postby justal on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Me too, I got a shiny new iPad for xmas and now want my favourite sports recording app on it.

Is there an iPad app in development?

Al.
justal

Postby cgarch on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:24 pm

I too would be interested in an iPad version of Ascent but perhaps a little different than mentioned here. I'd like to be able to sync my 305 to the iPad and then be able to sync to the base mac. Here's my scenario: long distance touring, where I'd like to be able to download the daily stats, and have the iPad for blog updates. When we rode the coast in 2009 I forgot that the Edge wasn't going to hold a lot of data on the route. Consequently I only had my last week of data from a 5 week trip. Bummer. With an iPad on board, I could download the data at least without losing it and stop occasionally to update crazyguyonabike.

Thanks
Craig
Santa Rosa, CA
Home of the Terrible Two
cgarch

Postby justal on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:51 am

cgarch wrote:I too would be interested in an iPad version of Ascent but perhaps a little different than mentioned here. I'd like to be able to sync my 305 to the iPad and then be able to sync to the base mac. Here's my scenario: long distance touring, where I'd like to be able to download the daily stats, and have the iPad for blog updates. When we rode the coast in 2009 I forgot that the Edge wasn't going to hold a lot of data on the route. Consequently I only had my last week of data from a 5 week trip. Bummer. With an iPad on board, I could download the data at least without losing it and stop occasionally to update crazyguyonabike.

Thanks

That would of course be the perfect secnario but I don't think it will happen with the current iPad as there is no way of connecting the Forerunner to the iPad. Shame really, but until the iPad has a USB port I don't think this will happen.

I'm not sure if there is anyway of doing it wirelessly with the ANT supported devices though. I'm sure it will be possible at some point in the future but for now I don't think it can be done.

Al.
justal

Postby justal on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:52 am

cgarch wrote:I too would be interested in an iPad version of Ascent but perhaps a little different than mentioned here. I'd like to be able to sync my 305 to the iPad and then be able to sync to the base mac. Here's my scenario: long distance touring, where I'd like to be able to download the daily stats, and have the iPad for blog updates. When we rode the coast in 2009 I forgot that the Edge wasn't going to hold a lot of data on the route. Consequently I only had my last week of data from a 5 week trip. Bummer. With an iPad on board, I could download the data at least without losing it and stop occasionally to update crazyguyonabike.

Thanks

That would of course be the perfect scenario but I don't think it will happen with the current iPad as there is no way of connecting the Forerunner to the iPad. Shame really, but until the iPad has a USB port I don't think this will happen.

I'm not sure if there is anyway of doing it wirelessly with the ANT supported devices though. I'm sure it will be possible at some point in the future but for now I don't think it can be done.

Al.
justal

Postby oshloel on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Granted, the iPad has no USB port; however, I wonder if an iPad version of Ascent (a variation of the Mac version, not Ascent Mobile for iPhone which records activities) would be able to access supported Garmin devices if those devices were connected to the iPad via the iPad Camera Connection Kit adapters, one of which does have a USB port...

This would be wonderful since the lack of a way to download & view my bike rides is one of the key reasons I haven't yet purchased an iPad. No point in an iPad if I still have to haul my laptop with me anyway!

Rick
Rick
oshloel

Return to Feature Requests