Upload GPS-data with Google Map so others can view it?

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

Upload GPS-data with Google Map so others can view it?

Postby Ueli on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:59 pm

I would like to thank for the good Ascent software. I like it.

There are two points for improvement I see as a novice user:
1. the summary I am mostly interested in is Date / Start time, total distance, total time, average pace, average velocity, calories burnt.
I somewhat miss this headline. Definitively small stuff - this point; maybe I only did not find the menu item to show / turn this on.

2. the ability to share where I was with my GPS device would be appreciated.
Is there a way to upload my GPS data and create a web page with the underlying map? Something like to tell Google map to show a black line where I was. So my parents-in-law can have a look (they live in Europe, I am in Canada).

any comments appreciated
take care
Ueli
Ueli

Re: Upload GPS-data with Google Map so others can view it?

Postby ebear1357 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:44 am

I have exported ride data as a kml file (File>Export>Keyhole Markup Language Format) that can then be opened in Google Earth. Very cool! You can send the kml file to anyone or put it on your Home Page or iDisk Public Folder for anyone to download, too.
Hope this helps with part of your question.
Bear
ebear1357

Re: Upload GPS-data with Google Map so others can view it?

Postby Ueli on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:57 am

Hi Bear,
thanks a lot. That works. I tested it with Google Earth on a Windows PC, which opened as soon as my wife double-clicked it. Fantastic; it works.
thanks
Ueli
Ueli

Return to General Discussion