gpx files imported as cycling

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

gpx files imported as cycling

Postby reagan9000 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:57 am

hi - I'm importing my run history by importing gpx files from motionbased. In Ascent Preferences, I deleted the activity 'Cycling' and set 'Running' as the default activity. However when I import my files, the activity is still listed as Cycling. What's going on?
Thanks,
Tim
reagan9000

Re: gpx files imported as cycling

Postby justal on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 am

Ascent doesn't read the activity type detail, but has its own default activity.

To change this go to the general tab in Ascents preferences and change the 'Default Activity' to your preferred choice.

Al.
justal

Postby reagan9000 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:24 am

justal wrote:Ascent doesn't read the activity type detail, but has its own default activity.

To change this go to the general tab in Ascents preferences and change the 'Default Activity' to your preferred choice.

Hmm - I've tried that but my runs keep being imported as Cycling. I set the default to Running, tried deleting Cycling, and when it came back (after restarting Ascent) tried renaming Cycling to None. Although Running is the default activity, all my activities are still being imported as Cycling and I am unable to delete Cycling from the list of activities. It's as though Cycling is hardcoded in the app somewhere.

Tim
reagan9000

Postby rob on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Found he problem -- it will be fixed in the next release of Ascent. Thanks for the report!
rob
Site Admin

Postby mdotbb on Tue May 13, 2008 9:30 pm

I believe I ran into this one last night. In Preferences, I couldn't delete Cycling until I made a new activity and made the new activity the default. I believe my new setting stuck for a bit, but I noticed Cycling re-appeared even though I had deleted it. I deleted Cycling again and haven't checked today to see if that stuck.
mdotbb

Postby rob on Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

An activity type will re-appear in the list if any activity is found that has that activity type. The only way to totally get rid of a type is to change every activity to not use that type, then delete the entry from the list.
rob
Site Admin

Postby jensaage on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Is there no way to fix that in the program?
jensaage

Postby stevek on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:16 pm

LOL I suggest you move to a new programme, ascent is dead!
stevek

Return to General Discussion