TCX Export works intermittently

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

TCX Export works intermittently

Postby GPS_Enthusiast on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Trying to export TCX files one at a time. I can always export any activity upon opening Ascent. But after one or two exports, the app seems to weary and will not create the file.

If I continue to retry, it never will create the file. But If I move up or down, sometimes several times, or if I choose a different file name, I get 20-30% success.

I've tried clearing the app cache to no avail. How do I swirl the chicken to get it to export?
GPS_Enthusiast

Re: TCX Export works intermittently

Postby GPS_Enthusiast on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 pm

By moving up and down, I mean, selecting a different activity, then coming back to the original activity.
GPS_Enthusiast

Re: TCX Export works intermittently

Postby GPS_Enthusiast on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:15 am

Never mind!

I figured out if I saved to the "Downloads" folder as opposed to the "Documents" folder that Ascent defaults to, I was off and away.

Already in the middle of generating an Apple Script.

I created a keyboard shortcut for the Export to TCX item for Option J

Then created this cruse apple script. Suggest you run a CSV summary export to count how many items you have. Start one above where you want to begin. Or modify the script to use the down arrow key (key code 125) at the end.

Also may want to put in longer delays. Went fast at first, but wonder if the key buffer was overloaded about half way through, the export continued until the end, but slowed down tremendously. You can work on other activities in the background on your system while it runs.

tell application "Ascent" to activate
repeat 325 times
tell application "System Events" to key code 125
delay 0.2
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "j" using {option down, command down}
delay 0.1
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "l" using {option down, command down}
delay 0.1
tell application "System Events" to key code 36
delay 1
end repeat
GPS_Enthusiast

Return to General Discussion