Garmin Montana

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

Garmin Montana

Postby Mick F on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm a long-term Edge 705 user, and before that I used a Edge 305 and have been using Ascent for both of them. Maybe seven or eight years in total. I'm a keen cyclist and also enjoy walking and getting about and exploring.

My head has been turned by a Garmin Montana and I understand that it can be connected with my HR monitor and my speed/cadence unit.

Can I use Ascent with the Montana and continue to review all my stats?
I would expect that I can, but it isn't listed on the Montebello site.

Regards,
Mick.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F

Re: Garmin Montana

Postby Tafkas on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am

It should work. The Garmin Montana produces .gpx files like my Garmin Oregon 450. You can just drag and drop those files into the application and they are processed.
Tafkas

Re: Garmin Montana

Postby Mick F on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks.
That puts my mind at rest.

There isn't much in-depth info available about the Montana. The handbook is rubbish - just the same as the other Garmin handbooks, they don't tell you things that you want to know and have to find out for yourself.

There seems to be nothing to tell you about recording your activity or how you stop recording. At least my Edge 705 has a nice big Stop/Start button, maybe the Montana has a menu function, but it's not clear if it has.

Regards,
Mick.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F

Return to General Discussion