Export tcx/gpx files

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

Export tcx/gpx files

Postby wef on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:09 am

I'm trying to upload a bunch of tracks from Ascent to Strava, which allows importing 25 tracks at a time. These tracks are from an old Garmin 305 I no longer have. Ascent is only able to export files one at a time. Has anyone developed an Applescript or other type of macro that allows multiple track exports? Alternatively, is there any way to find the individual track files in Finder?
wef

Re: Export tcx/gpx files

Postby dw152 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:53 am

I just uploaded almost five years of activities from Ascent to Strava.

Ascent will allow you to export multiple activities. From Ascent, select multiple activities, and export them with File > Export > tcx.
dw152

Postby wef on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:08 pm

I tried that and all I get is one track downloaded. Are you using a Mac?
Moreover, when I contacted Ascent, they responded that it was not possible to do.
wef

Postby dw152 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:55 pm

wef wrote:I tried that and all I get is one track downloaded. Are you using a Mac?
Moreover, when I contacted Ascent, they responded that it was not possible to do.

Yes, I'm using a Mac. Ascent only works on a Mac. :D

I don't know what to say. It worked for me. I had to do it a month at a time to remain under the Strava 25 Mb file limit, so it was a little tedious, but it was a lot better than doing it one-by-one.
dw152

Return to General Discussion