Assistance from Ascent Users?

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

Assistance from Ascent Users?

Postby Joseph Mills on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:16 pm

My situation is stated in my two previous posts.

Since I have lost my activation code, is there any workaround other then waiting for Rob to respond, which evidently he is not going to do?

I have multiple backups of my ascent files but no way to view them. I now realize I should have downloaded to Garmin Connect also. Too late now.

Any help at all?

Thanks.

Joseph
Joseph Mills

Re: Assistance from Ascent Users?

Postby axiom95 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Sorry, but I don't know what to tell you. Don't you have access to a back-up that would contain the license code, Time Machine or other? Can you find the original email that you were sent that had the license? Since I am anal, I still download all of my rides to Garmin Training Center as a sort of archive just in case. I don't know why you have not received a response from Rob. I know that he has not followed the forum for quite some time (or else it appears that way), but he has always been responsive to direct emails to Support. Good luck. I will probably be switching over 100% to rubiTrack v3 once it is released. It does not look like there will be any new versions of Ascent coming along...
Seven Axiom SG
w/ Campy Record 11
Garmin Edge 500, 305
GSC-10
axiom95

Postby dw152 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am

axiom95 wrote: "I will probably be switching over 100% to rubiTrack v3 once it is released. "

I am thinking the same thing. Too bad, because there are a lot of things I like about Ascent. However, I stopped keeping handwritten training logs 4 or 5 years ago when I got my first Garmin device, and I'm a bit paranoid about losing all my data by keeping it on an app that eventually dies out. That's why I also upload my activities to Garmin Connect and now Strava. It's a bit of a hassle, but as I said, I'm a bit paranoid. I used to upload all my activities to Garmin Training Center, but Garmin will not be supporting that any longer.
dw152

Postby Joseph Mills on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 pm

@ Axiom95 - Thanks for your response. Rob emailed my code. Now backing up on Garmin Connect & Strava as well. Both are good for social aspects, but I still prefer Ascent. More metrics and options. Hopefully the program will receive more attention as time goes on.

Thanks.

Joseph
Joseph Mills

Return to General Discussion