Definitions - Duration vs Active Time

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

Definitions - Duration vs Active Time

Postby nfpeay on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Can someone explain the difference between 'Duration' and 'Active' Time? I have an Edge 705 and I have not been able to figure this out. This seems to corolate with 'Moving Speed' and 'Average Speed' but I'm not sure how all this is referenced on the Activity Screen? Any help would be appreciated.
nfpeay

Re: Definitions - Duration vs Active Time

Postby axiom95 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:18 pm

If you are using the Auto Pause feature on your Edge 705, then Active Time will be the time that you are actively riding. Time during which the Edge is paused is not counted. Duration is the total elapsed time, i.e., the time duration between when you pressed Start and the time that you pressed Stop. If you are not using Auto Pause, then Active Time should equal Duration. Hope this helps.
Seven Axiom SG
w/ Campy Record 11
Garmin Edge 500, 305
GSC-10
axiom95

Re: Definitions - Duration vs Active Time

Postby nfpeay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 am

Thanks for the clarification - I guess the same hold true for AveSpeed and MovSpeed - AvgSpeed being the average of the Duration and MovSpeed being the average of Active Time
nfpeay

Return to General Discussion