Power Values In Activity Missing

Discuss features and solicit feedback from other Ascent users. For the quickest response to bugs or serious problems, please email support@montebellosoftware.com

Power Values In Activity Missing

Postby jkirby on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:09 pm

I just transfered Ascent to my new Mac with Lion. I can sync to my old laptop just fine and it displays power values just fine. On the new mac (same data) power values are ALL zero. Power box is checked in activity detail. I did notice Peak Power Intervals is greyed out? I'm missing a setting somewhere to display power?
jkirby

Re: Power Values In Activity Missing

Postby rusto on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:16 pm

I know you posted this a LONG time ago, jkirby, but I was having the same problem with the TCX files I downloaded from TrainerRoad that were then imported to Ascent: power values showed up as zeros.

So, I opened up one of the TCX files in a text editor (BBedit) and made sure the power values were there. Yes, they were.

Next, I exported the same workout as TCX from another logging app I use and looked at the result in my text editor and saw that TrainerRoad had "embellished" many of the tags with "ns3:"

In other words, instead of each power data point being tagged with,

Code: Select all
<Watts>117</Watts>

they were tagged with,

Code: Select all
<ns3:Watts>117</ns3:Watts>

After I imported to Ascent this new TCX file, without all the occurences of "ns3:", the power data showed up.

So, take a look at your file and see if the tags are the issue - and either replace all instances of the oddity with the correct tags or import/export the file via some other app to clean them up.

I hope this helps!

PS: I'm going to investigate creating either an Applescript or Automator action (Mac) for cleaning mine up via drag-and-drop.
rusto

Return to General Discussion