New versions of Ascent will be announced here

Postby rob on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:56 am

A new beta is available

Ascent 1.8.0 BETA 8

Changes since Beta 7:
- fixed crash and other problems during gpx import
- added "Event Type" to searchable fields in the browser
- added contextual (right or control-click) menu in the calendar view
- Detailed Map view will now adjust it's size if the drawer is opened and there isn't enough room to display the drawer's contents
- fixed metric conversion problems in the markers and add/edit activity dialogs
- corrected pace units in max/min statistics table
- updated credits
rob
Site Admin

Postby cpuser@mac.com on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:55 am

Thank you Rob
Great job!!!
cpuser@mac.com

Postby figman4 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:57 pm

Rob,

It seems that the calories issue has not yet been resolved. I am using a G 205 and all of my calories have shifted to 0.

Great new update though...I am confident in your bug squishing abilities!
figman4

Postby Rich on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi - in options I have my week starting on Monday. The calendar always shows the week starting Sunday.
Rich

Postby Rich on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi - average pace seems screwy. I have a run which the ledger view reports an average pace of 06:46 and 1km lap paces of around that. The split view version is reporting the averages at around 04:10 for each lap.
Rich

Postby jconklin on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:58 pm

figman4 wrote:It seems that the calories issue has not yet been resolved. I am using a G 205 and all of my calories have shifted to 0.

But for those of us with HR sensors, the new calorie calculation is wonderful. Although it does mean that I won't be able to justify eating a whole combo calzone at Gumba's anymore.

Ascent may need a preference for whether to use device calories or its own calculation, as it already has for using "distance data from sync device".
jconklin

Postby andyp on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:37 pm

Rob,

The kilometers/miles thing is still not quite right. When I click on the Activity Detail graph and then create a new marker then the marker is created at the correct number of km relative to where I clicked. However, when I try and change the distance in the 'Add Marker' pop-up by double clicking the distance, it still does the multiplication by 1.609 after hitting return.

There is another multiplication error in the add activity box. I added a 10km (now working correctly) and put a time in of 5 mins (assuming the input is hhh:mm:ss). The calculated Avg Spd was 120 km/h rather than 12.

Cheers

Andy
andyp

Postby figman4 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:14 pm

Ok,

I entered my birthdate into the preferences under user info (12/22/1969)...and then I checked the HR info...and it says I am 38...Please..please...please...not yet!

I think I am 37 (though at this age my mind may be playing tricks on me) :D
figman4

Postby jconklin on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:37 am

There seems to be an off-by-one error in the split details.

Last night, I did a indoor 36 mile effort, but there are only splits for 0.00 - 34.00. I'd expect a 35.00 mile split too, to cover the distance between 35 and 36 miles.
jconklin

Postby stevek on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:46 am

Is there anyway of seeing data for the actual splits I recorded on my watch at the time of exercise? They show on the map.
If I have auto lap (distance) switched on on my watch they may be the same as I can set with the lap window split feature, but not always.

Also, If I say have the automatic split window set to say 1K splits, and as the other day I do 7.7K the last .7K is not shown in the list.
The first split 0 (should this not be split 1) (0-1K) has a zero distance. (but magically has a pace.)
Other slits are not always at the exact K but can be at X.01. ( not too much of a problem for the 10m but I just wonder why?)

In my split window I have a min pace of 1.35min/Km in one split ( not bad for a walk!) but the exercise summary box gives a min value of 2.33min/Km at a time within the above split. (both errors in data recording I suspect.)

This same 1K split on 7.20 min gives an average pace of 4:30min/Km
In fact all of the average paces for the 1K are very different to the time taken for the 1Km

Thanks Steve
stevek

Postby rob on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Is there anyway of seeing data for the actual splits I recorded on my watch at the time of exercise? They show on the map.
If I have auto lap (distance) switched on on my watch they may be the same as I can set with the lap window split feature, but not always.

I intend to add an option to set the split length to "use lap markers", stay tuned.

In my split window I have a min pace of 1.35min/Km in one split ( not bad for a walk!) but the exercise summary box gives a min value of 2.33min/Km at a time within the above split. (both errors in data recording I suspect.)

There's a metric value conversion error in the pace calculation of the split table that will be fixed in the next version

Edited By rob on 1192715060
rob
Site Admin

Postby colonnieves@mac.com on Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:21 pm

I'm trying to add a new lap split (or marker) using your instructions, but I get the following ALERT dialog box:

*** -[NSCFArray addObject:]: mutating method sent to immutable object

AM I doing something wrong?

This is by the way an imported run from my G205 where I forgot to re-start my GPS from mile 4.9 to mile 6, so it has lap markers for lap 4 and lap 6...

Thanks!
Felix
colonnieves@mac.com

Postby rob on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 pm

Hi Felix,

Of course it's working fine for me.

I need more info:

How did you import your G205 run? Direct sync, tcx import, or gpx import?

After you save your activity document, and re-open it, does the problem still occur?

What exact steps did you follow to add the lap marker? Were you in the the Activity Detail view?

Does this happen *every* time you try to insert a lap marker?

Can you insert lap markers in other activities?

Any information appreciated
Thanks!
rob
Site Admin

Return to Announcements