New versions of Ascent will be announced here

Postby rob on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:45 pm

rob
Site Admin

Postby lnewton on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:36 am

Hi guys,
(Equipment: Garmin Edge 305)
Found a few issues related to Ascent reporting, calculations, etc. Here goes:
1. In the activity browser column view, my cycling avg speed shows 17.4mph but in the Stats view for the same activity shows 16.6mph.
2. Laps view show Avg Cadence at 255 but Stats view shows 0
3. There appears to be an I/O issue with multiple laps during the same activity but I haven't quite figured it out yet. Calculations of speed seem to be off.
4. When the data is loaded into Training Center and exported as a .tcx file and imported into Ascent, the info appears to display correctly rather than missing or miscalculated.

Hope this is of some help and will continue to push the Ascent...
Lettin' the cat out of the bag is a lot easier than puttin' it back in.-- Mark Twain
lnewton

Postby Alessandro on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:48 am

Hi, I’ve bought the software and I uploaded Acent 1.1.15. I’m very satisfied.
I used it for downloader my Saturday training and I’ve saw that for my Forerunner 205 I’ve run for 11.01 km; for the software 11.1 km. The relative time/km obviously is different. It isn’t a big problem but I hope it will be resolved.
(Sorry for my English!!!)
Alessandro - Italy
Alessandro

Postby rob on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:03 am

<h4>1.8.7 Improvements and Bug Fixes</h4>
<table border="0" frame="void" cellspacing="10">
<tr>
<td width = 90 align="center" bgcolor =#00FF66>NEW FEATURE</td>
<td>laps are now shown more logically throughout the program: the lap markers are shown at lap end points, and lap data statistics in the main browser reflect the data *before* the lap marker, not after it. Also, if an activity only has a single lap that is the entire duration of the activity, the lap is not listed in the browser and the lap marker is not displayed on any of the graphs</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>added start and finish markers to map displays</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>GPX import/export now supports gpxdata extensions for heart rate, cadence, and laps</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Detailed Data View now has an advanced option to select and replace ranges of bad data in a single (undo-able) operation. Actions can be applied to an entire activity, or to the points (rows) that are selected in the table *before* the advanced option is invoked.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Detailed Data View now displays and supports editing of 'pace' instead of 'speed'</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width = 90 align="center" bgcolor =#FFCC66>FIXED</td>
<td>various bugs in the Detailed Data View that would result in data not actually being changed</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>(Leopard only bug) typing "Enter" in the Detailed Data View now takes you to the same data item on the next row</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>a problem in tcx import/export that could result in bad tcx files and errors during import</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>a problem in track data processing that could result in regions of an activity having speed values of '0' when they shouldn't have</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>metric conversion issues related to pace in the Summary View</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width = 90 align="center" bgcolor =#99FFFF>REMOVED</td>
<td>"lap numbers starting number" preference, it is no longer needed with the other lap-related changes</td>
</tr>
</table>
rob
Site Admin

Postby saeedi on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:10 am

Detailed Data View advanced editing is awesome. Neat feature.
- Steve
saeedi

Postby nnovod on Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:48 am

Another great release - I had a question about the detailed data view editing. Since the Garmin 305 has this nasty habit of making heart rates at the start of rides during cool and/or windy weather that are out of sight I was going to change all heart rates above a certain number to 0. How will that affect the average? Are the 0s ignored or figured into the average?

Another option that would be nice is to be able to select rows and then subtract a fixed number from all entires in those rows. For example to subtract 50 from the heart rate of all select rows. I find that the Garmin numbers that are wrong tend to go up and down correctly, they are all just too high.

Thanks.
nnovod

Return to Announcements