Power Calculation

New versions of Ascent will be announced here

Power Calculation

Postby scarswell627@mac.com on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:48 am

Is there a way to turn off the automatic power calculation? I have a PowerTap that I use to train indoors and would like to only view the power data for these training rides. I'm also finding that Ascent calculates power for my runs! Let me know if I can turn this feature off.
scarswell627@mac.com

Re: Power Calculation

Postby dbrouse on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 am

I agree and ideally I'd like to see a way for it to use the power data from my iBike power meter. My Garmin 500 is capturing the power data from my iBike via Ant+ so the data is there.

I can see Ascent calculating power *if* no power data is available but I'd like a way for iBike/SRM/PowerTap/etc data to supersede Ascent calculated power.

Thoughts?

Delane
http://www.shutuplegs.com/
dbrouse

Re: Power Calculation

Postby oshloel on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 pm

I agree that a way to either turn off and/or select which activities to calculate power for would be very helpful. However, at least with my Garmin 705, Ascent appears to be honoring the PowerTap power data in an uploaded Garmin 705 file and not calculating power for those activities.

I do find it disconcerting to have power calculated for runs I do outdoors with the Garmin. Since I'm not having a problem where Ascent is ignoring the actual power data and instead using calculated power, the quickest workaround I've found at the moment is to highlight the activity for which I don't want calculated power data, select Edit Activity from the contextual menu and then click on the "Power(watts)..." checkbox in the lower right of the edit activity window. Doing so puts all zeros (or whatever numbers you manually enter) in the power data fields for display in the browser.

Rick
Rick
oshloel

Return to Announcements