1.10.1 is available

New versions of Ascent will be announced here

1.10.1 is available

Postby rob on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:18 pm

PLEASE BACK UP YOUR ASCENT ACTIVITY DOCUMENT(S) BEFORE INSTALLING AND RUNNING THIS NEW RELEASE.
Also, please note that this release requires 10.5 (Leopard) or later

New Features and Bug Fixes:

Garmin 500 Support - Ascent now fully supports importing activities from the new Garmin Edge 500. Note that after plugging in the 500 you need to wait until the GARMIN icon appears on your desktop before attempting the sync operation.

Interval Markers and Map Scale - added a new option to display mile or kilometer markers along the track path in all map displays, and a map scale in the lower left corner.

New Browser Data Fields - the following new columns may now be added in the main browser: average, max, and min temperature, device name, and device firmware version.

Localized Value Display - all values displayed in Ascent are now localized based on the current locale setting of the host computer. So, for example, the value 1,234.56 will now be displayed as 1.234,56 on a mac set up for German.

Garmin FIT File Import - Ascent now supports direct import of Garmin FIT-formatted files, including drag-and-drop support.

Default Event Type - a default Event Type can now be set in the General Preferences that will be applied to all new activities.

Data values throughout Ascent are now displayed with less fractional digits when they are not really useful or needed, thus freeing up some screen real estate in the browser and elsewhere.

Lower-right "Info" area of the main window now resizes intelligently as the main window is resized.

Magic mouse and two-fingered laptop mouse scrolling now works as expected. A "scrolling sensitivity" slider has also been added to the General Preferences.

Equipment log problems related to trying to insert a new activity in the equipment log database without a creation time.

Size of columns in maintenance table of equipment log are now saved and restored properly.

Right-clicking an empty day in the calendar view and choosing "Add Activity..." from the popup menu will now set date of the new activity as expected.

Several problems with the main browser "Notes" field have been fixed.

Problems displaying peak power zones when laps are shown in the Activity Detail View have been fixed.

Up/down arrow scrolling in the main browser will now always keep the selected activity visible.

Problems with activities around the end of the year/month not displaying in the main browser have been fixed.

Default and minimum window sizes have been adjusted to accommodate systems with smaller screens.

Other minor bugs and cosmetic improvements.
rob
Site Admin

Re: 1.10.1 is available

Postby Mick F on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Thank you so much for your efforts, Rob.
It is really appreciated, and Ascent is a wonderful product. Even better now!

Special thanks for the map scales!

Regards,
Mick.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F

Postby saeedi on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Awesome work on this update. Thanks for bringing support of the 500 and the new data charts. I look forward to riding the 104 degree temps of the Summer and know how hot it will be!
- Steve
saeedi

Postby fsantore on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 pm

How wonderful to see a couple updates within a short period of time. Keep downing the energy drink! A couple comments, more related to 1.10.0. I've enjoyed tracking all this 'metadata' associated with my ride for several years now, but the data to me is an adjunct to the diary aspect of the ride. Ascent calls this the 'Notes Field', which changed in 1.10.0. I regularly write 2 to 3 paragraphs on each ride, and having the information crammed in the small popup window was like looking through a microscope. Now that the popup is gone, its like looking through a microscope with a crick in the neck. As a first improvement, if the Notes could be clickable to bring up a resizeable window for both entry and viewing, that would be huge for me. Ultimately, the concept of a diary would be its own 'browser' window, similar to the current browser, but with at least 3 lines per row for the text and expandable in width. Would be nice to be able to add other browser columns and of course sortable. In any case, thanks for your great product and updates. I enjoy tracking the info after the ride 'almost' as much as the ride!
fsantore

Postby littlehorse on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:39 am

Oops,
I excitedly downloaded the update forgetting that I do not have leopard. Now Ascent won't open. Apart from erasing the application and reinstalling is there anything I can do? Will this scrap all my data?
(Over) anxiously,
-craig
littlehorse

Postby oshloel on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:57 pm

download and re-install the older version here:
http://www.montebellosoftware.com/downl ... 1.9.17.zip

If 1.10 never opened, it shouldn't have done anything to you data file and it should still open in 1.9.17. If not for some reason, hopefully you followed the directions and made a backup of your data file before the attempted upgrade!

Rick
Rick
oshloel

Postby dbrouse on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I have the latest version of Ascent (1.10.2) and I'm running the lastest version of OS X (10.6.2), but I can't sync files from the Garmin 500. I keep getting and error that the disk wasn't ejected properly.

I also enabled Garmin Mass Storage Device Sync...

Can anyone assist me in getting this to work properly?
dbrouse

Postby rob on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Make sure "Garmin USB Sync" is NOT checked (I know, this is strange -- a fix to get rid of these checkboxes is planned).

Also, after plugging on your 500, make sure you've waited for the GARMIN icon to appear on the mac desktop *before* trying to sync.
rob
Site Admin

Postby dbrouse on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Hmmm...I've tried both of those (after a quick restart). Still doesn't work. I can import the file (File-->Import-->Garmin Fitness File (fit...)

Any more suggestions?
dbrouse

Postby dbrouse on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 am

Ok, it looks like it had something to do with the fact that I had already imported the file by doing "File-->Import-->Garmin Fitness File (fit…)", then I deleted that file to continue testing.

I captured a little more data and it imported fine, working flawlessly.
dbrouse

Postby littlehorse on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Thank you! That worked perfectly.
-c
littlehorse

Postby David-Québec on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks a lot, this is great!

David
David-Québec

Return to Announcements