Ascent 1.6.0 released - New zones + paths colored by zones

New versions of Ascent will be announced here

Postby rob on Wed May 16, 2007 5:35 am

1.6.0 Improvements and Bug Fixes:

<ul>
<li>New Feature: added speed, pace, gradient, and cadence zone support; ranges are settable in a new preference pane</li>

<li>New Feature: paths in the Detailed Map View can now be color-coded by zone</li>

<li>New Feature: laps can be highlighted in the Detailed Map View</li>

<li>New Feature: new zone types can be displayed in the Activity View</li>

<li>New Feature: zone type can be selected in the Activity View Statistics HUD</li>

<li>Added preference to set "below zone" color for heart rate coloring</li>

<li>Fixed problem with "last sync time" set incorrectly when tracks synced in an un-registered version of Ascent</li>

<li>Added "Are you sure?" dialog to "Clear Map Cache..." menu choice</li>

<li>Fixed bug that caused wrong max heart rate values to be shown in the browser for laps when units were set to metric</li>

<li>Fixed bug that was causing errors in "Active Time" displays for laps and tracks in the browser</li>

<li>Fixed problem where browser would show wrong values for certain fields if activity started at a non-zero distance</li>

<li>Fixed problem where selected activity after sync was not displayed in browser map or stat mini-views</li>
</ul>
rob
Site Admin

Postby kurterle on Thu May 17, 2007 2:26 am

Rob-
I bought my first Mac in 1985 - it was a "Fat Mac," the second model released - and I've owned probably 20-30 Macs since then between home and business. Needless to say, I am used to being treated like a second-class citizen when it comes to software. I had mostly gotten over it until I got my Edge last year and started using MotionBased. They advertize Mac-compatibility but don't come through; they claim improvements are comng, but they don't appear; they release things for Macs that are weak imitations of what PC users get. With them, it seems like 1988 all over again.

You, however, continue to amaze me. In 22 years of owning a Mac, I have never seen such dedication to improvement, customer service and responsiveness. With another 1,000 like you, Steve Jobs would own the world, rather than Bill Gates.
kurterle

Postby rob on Thu May 17, 2007 2:56 am

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Stay tuned, there's a lot more cool stuff planned...
rob
Site Admin

Postby pspwesty on Sat May 19, 2007 1:10 am

kurterle wrote:Rob-
I bought my first Mac in 1985 - it was a "Fat Mac," the second model released - and I've owned probably 20-30 Macs since then between home and business. Needless to say, I am used to being treated like a second-class citizen when it comes to software. I had mostly gotten over it until I got my Edge last year and started using MotionBased. They advertize Mac-compatibility but don't come through; they claim improvements are comng, but they don't appear; they release things for Macs that are weak imitations of what PC users get. With them, it seems like 1988 all over again.

You, however, continue to amaze me. In 22 years of owning a Mac, I have never seen such dedication to improvement, customer service and responsiveness. With another 1,000 like you, Steve Jobs would own the world, rather than Bill Gates.

Yeah what he said! I have only been using a Mac for the last 3 years though. Still I am amazed at the pace of development, and the fact that you listen to your users, registered or otherwise. I registered back when Ascent was around 1.2 or so, and that was only a few months ago! Keep up the great work.
pspwesty

Postby erlingo on Sat May 19, 2007 9:03 am

Hear, hear
erlingo
erlingo

Hey, you have a great view here! I'm definitely going to boo

Postby vzone129 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:41 am

Hey, you have a great view here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

vzone129

Re: Ascent 1.6.0 released - New zones + paths colored by zones

Postby MikeSutton on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:55 pm

I upgraded yesterday 1.11.8. I seem to have lost the info in my calories field. Anyone else experience this?
MikeSutton

Postby Mick F on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Mine's ok.
In fact, it's all ok.

Mick.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F

Postby 8k84 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:24 pm

The most recent version is 1.11.9. "Calories" column in the main browser is still there.
8k84

Return to Announcements